According to recent research conducted by the National Association of Realtors (NAR) and Google, 90% of home buyers make use of online resources when researching potential properties.
You may have your website in place in case those home buyers start searching for real estate professionals in your geographical area, but you have to take your online presence much further if you want to grab the attention of today’s internet-savvy buyer.
Today’s Home Buyers Research Online And THEN Talk With A Real Estate Agent!
Most of those home buyers are not interested in contacting a real estate professional when they first start researching online.
Many eventually reach out to individual real estate agents to inquire about specific properties, but they start out looking for the following information:
- Addresses for properties on the market in specific geographical areas
- Detailed specs on properties of interest, such as the number of bathrooms and bedrooms
- Video tours showing images of specific properties
- Mortgage calculators
- Insider tips on the homebuying experience, especially for first-time buyers, vacation home shoppers and retirement community candidates
If your real estate marketing strategy stops with your website or a short bio with contact information on a shared website, you are not likely to meet the needs of local buyers researching online.
Have You Gone Mobile? Real Estate Buyers Want To Connect With You On The Go…
The research completed by NAR and Google revealed that many home buyers access websites, blogs and apps from mobile devices, particularly toward the end of their home shopping experience.
Most used their mobile devices for some or all of these reasons:
- To look at maps, addresses and specs for specific properties so that they could drive by and look at properties of interest
- To submit contact forms requesting additional information on specific properties
- To call the agent directly for final details on properties and ask for a showing
If those buyers were to pull up your website, blog or Facebook page in order to gain these details while on a mobile device, what would they find?
Ensuring your website is easy to access on-the-go and filling your Facebook page with addresses and other specific property details will allow you to meet the needs of busy home buyers who need instant access away from home.
Where are You In the Search Engine Results?
When first starting their research, most home buyers use Google and other search engines to find properties that might meet their needs.
The real estate professionals who are ranked highest in the search engine results pages (SERPs) tend to get the most attention since these buyers do not have the time to dig 10 or 20 pages into the results to explore lower-ranked websites and blogs.
Use a computer other than your own, ideally someone who fits the description of your ideal buyer, and do a few searches for terms a buyer in your area may use.
Is your Facebook page, blog or website featured on the first page for the best search terms?
If not, you need to use blogging, content production, social media posts, contests, surveys and other content strategies to improve your presence in search engines like Google and Bing.
Here Are A Few Good Real Estate Blog Marketing Strategies To Use
If you have access to a consistent supply of fresh, high quality content, you can use the following strategies to get into the SERPs:
- Guest blogging with pieces that target first-time buyers and other specific populations that may find your current listings interesting
- Article marketing for backlinks to your website
- Posting more informational content to your website to give home buyers area-specific tips on the market and the buying experience
- Holding contests through social media platforms with an eBook or report as the prize
If you don’t have the time to generate enough content to sustain a healthy online presence, contact us to learn about a shortcut that will save you a tremendous amount of time.
If you’d like to learn exactly how to drive more repeat and referral business using blog content marketing and social media syndication,
Fill Out The Simple Form And Get Your FREE eBook Now!